We know security is important to our dealers and their customers. We designed the all-new SecureSmart Helix with several key cybersecurity measures in mind.
There are many benefits to the SecureSmart Helix platform that may not be outwardly apparent, such as:
- The operating system was designed specifically for the Helix platform.
- It is not capable of installing or running arbitrary external processes like Android or Linux. All new services must be integrated directly into the Helix firmware, which can be accessed only by ipDatatel and Resolution Products.
- It is significantly smaller than Linux or Android, greatly reducing the attack surface and making it more challenging for hackers to penetrate.
- It avoids the complicated issues of when and how to update Android or Linux components that routinely need to be patched, often to address security vulnerabilities.
- Helix doesn’t have a built-in user interface. Rather, smart devices are leveraged for this function and are isolated from the core Helix processes by encrypted connections. This frees the Helix operating system of the complexity and security vulnerabilities inherent in user interfaces.
- A side benefit is that firmware updates are extremely fast and can be accomplished without additional cost to dealers.
In today’s world, it’s important that technology is available, protected and secure. If not, our customers will suffer the consequences. ipDatatel has you covered with the SecureSmart Helix while enabling faster, and more cost-effective installation times.