ipDatatel is a fast-growing innovator in the alarm communications and security industry that designs and engineers Internet-ready alarm devices for alarm dealers. At ipDatatel we provide career opportunities for thinkers and doers. If you’d like to become part of a talented and diverse team of technology experts, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Software Engineer is part of a fast moving, rapid development team that is responsible for taking a product from concept to delivery. The Engineer will work as part of the implementation team, designing the code and providing guidance to junior engineering staff where needed. The software engineer is also responsible for the on going maintenance and continued support of product lines. On occasion, the Engineer will have to assist the Network Operations Center team in assisting with technical escalations and support
- Contribute to the development and testing of core infrastructure systems with limited guidance and minimal review from Engineering staff
- Coordinate design related activities within the scope of a project
- Produce standard product documentation, release notes and instructions for in-field and network operations personnel to support installation and troubleshooting efforts
- Work to develop and implement engineering parameters and needs based on client requirements and feedback
- Provide 3rd level technical escalation support by providing end-to-end subject matter expertise for escalations from the Network Operations Center as it relates to product and network issues
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Able to communicate effectively via written and verbal mediums
- Excellent problem solver, flexible and able to accommodate changing priorities and directions
- Strong understanding of concepts and issues across functional lines
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and function with minimal supervision
- Research and analytical skills with the ability to collect, access and report factual data and present logical conclusions
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Advanced knowledge in scripting languages including Perl, Bash, PHP, Python
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL (MySQL, MariaDB)
- Experience in the GNU toolchain
- Experience in data security (encryption such as SSL/TLS) is a plus
- Must be able to work with complex data structures, handle memory management, etc.
- Must be extremely comfortable working in a Linux environment
- REST API design and development experience is a plus.
About the Company
ipDatatel is a fast-growing Houston-based business founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our environment fosters innovation and creativity, enabling our employees to be involved in driving the business through new ideas and accelerated execution. We provide employees with a company-matched 401k program, as well as various options for medical, dental, and vision benefits. We are proud to have achieved incredible growth since opening in 2007, consistently ranking on the Inc. 5000 List, as well as in the top 10 on the Houston Business Journal’s Fast 100 List of the fastest growing private companies in Houston for four years in a row. ipDatatel has also placed in the top 3 on the Houston Business Journal’s Fast Tech 25 List of the fastest growing tech companies in Houston for three years in a row, as well as being recognized on the Houston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work List in 2014 and 2015.
ipDatatel designs and engineers innovative cellular and Internet alarm communication devices as well as smart device controllers for the security and home automation industries. ipDatatel universal alarm communicators enable dealers to easily take-over existing hard-wired alarm panels and turn them into smart devices with high-quality alarm communications and remote access from PC’s and mobile devices. The smart device controller enables dealers to increase their RMR by adding live video plus control of lights, locks, thermostats and garage door openers. ipDatatel products are available nationwide through distributors that cater to the alarm and integrator industry.